Thursday, December 31, 2009

Flying Home Tomorrow!

We're leaving CA tomorrow for Houston and home.  I'm sad to leave my inlaws this time around, mainly because Tessa is so attached to her Tee Tee (grandma).  But it will be good to get home too and I hope the airport isn't too horrible with extra security.  Since 9/11, flying is so stressful to me with all the extra security restrictions and checks.  I just can't wait to be done with the traveling.  It's no fun to fly with a toddler either.  Flying out here with Tessa was harder than I'd thought it would be.  Thank goodness I was still breastfeeding, because finally, I nursed her on the plane and she fell asleep nursing, and both DH and I got a break.

Anyway, I hope 2010 is a much better year than 2009 for us.  Last year was rough.  I was diagnosed with vitamin B-6 toxicity in June (caused by my multi-vitamin, who the heck knew there could be a problem having TOO much B6 in your system).  I have been dealing with those symptoms (tingling in extremities, numbness, fluid retention off & on since 2005.  It's good to have a diagnosis, but the only treatment is to cease taking B6 and hope eventually the symptoms lessen and go away. There is some controversy whether the nerves ever fully recover from the damage though unquestionably, I definitely am less fatigued since stopping my multi-vitamin.  Around Halloween, my husband was laid off, and he hasn't had anything but rejections since then and not one interested interview.  Hopefully, it's just the holiidays and things pick up after Christmas.

As far as New Year's Resolutions, I hope to get more into weight lifting again at the gym (I was doing well with it until DH lost his job).  Without the weight lifting, I eat less and keep lose a little weight.  I still do have to admit I'm not 100% recovered from exercisee compulsion, though it IS much better.  I do still have to exercise 5-6 days a week and have a hard time when I skip the gym for whatever reason.  Even while visiting the inlaws, I have a temporary pass to the local YMCA so I can work out.  At least I do less intense exercise now, but it is still hard on me to skip it completely.

0 comments:

Post a Comment